The Huffington Post just recently identified Missouri as number 7 of the states who have the most people that go hungry. With this statistic we know there will be many who live in Springfied, MO who will go hungry this Thanksgiving. For those of us who can help… we should. Donating your time, food, or money, can help so many in our community.
Here are some easy ways to get involved to help needy families in the Ozarks…
The Victory Mission Opportunities:
- Hold out HOPE for the Hungry this Thanksgiving: Help the Victory Mission provide over 1500 Thanksgiving Day meals. It only costs $2.30 to provide a meal and care this Thanksgiving, so donate online, Text “Give” and the amount of your donation (e.g. Give 50) to 417-737-7923, or drop of your donation at the Victory Mission.
- Donate Food: You can drop of your food donations at 700 W. Chase, Monday through Friday, 8 am – 3:30 pm. Check out the donation list of food items needed.
- Volunteer to serve a meal: If you want to volunteer please call 417-864-2213.
Thanksgiving Senior Luncheon – Nov. 21, 11:15 am, Ministry Center Chapel
Deliver Thanksgiving Food Baskets – Nov. 22 & 23, 8am, Warehouse/Donation Center
Great Thanksgiving Banquet – Nov. 27, 6pm, Cook’s Kettle Restaurant
Thanksgiving Day Brunch – Nov. 28, 9am & 5pm, Cook’s Kettle Restaurant (Band or singing group wanted!)
The Ozarks Food Harvest Opportunities:
- Haunted House Battlefield: Go to the haunted house and receive free admission when you donate a canned food item. Please be aware that it is only open tonight, tomorrow, and on Halloween.
- McDonald’s Cans for Coffee: Donate a canned food item from October 21-November 10 at any area McDonald’s and receive a FREE small McCafe coffee drink or Hot Chocolate.
- Turkey Trot 2013: Springfield’s largest 5k walk/run on Thanksgiving Day is back. The Turkey Trot collects more than 7,000 lbs a year for this local charity. Each participant is asked to bring 3 canned or boxed food items to donate to Ozarks Food Harvest. Want to register for the race? This is a great way to help our community and get fit.
There are plenty of things to do in Springfield, MO to give back during this Thanksgiving season. Whether you volunteer or donate food, every bit of time and effort is appreciated. Gather your friends, family, and coworkers to help give back to our community. You won’t regret it.
If You are planning get medicaments online, now may be the best moment to do so. You can get drugs from the comfort of your desktop. Let’s talk about other drugs you can buy from the Web. If you’re concerned about sexual dysfunction, you have to study about levitra 20mg price. Currently many patients search for the exact phrase levitra 20mg on Google. (Read more levitra 20 mg). Most people perchance think the potency of Kamagra is well documented. As a rule, this may switch on high blood tension, kidney disease, or a venous leak. What medication is suitable for erectile disfunction? The much first thing you must be sure that when you buy drugs like Kamagra online, you get real physic. Many of the web-sites offer potentially perilous fakes.