Ronald McDonald House Charities has been a staple in the Ozarks since 1988 serving many families by providing them a place to stay while their child is in the hospital away from home. The Tooth Truck has been seen all over the Springfield area since 2002, helping children who do not have access to proper dental care. Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Ozarks has given so much to families in our area and to those welcome visitors who have received care at one of our local hospitals. This is a wonderful place to get involved with a local charity in Springfield.
Phone Number: 417.886.0225
Address: 949 E. Primrose St. , Springfield, MO 65807
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®) is to create, find and support programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children in the Ozarks. Our first priority is to provide a “home away from home” for families when their seriously-ill or injured child is in a hospital far from home.
The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile®, fondly known as the “Tooth Truck™”, provides dental treatment and prevention education for at-risk children, primarily in school-based settings.
Ways to Volunteer:
Ronald McDonald House:
- Adopt a weekly, three-hour volunteer shift. During the three hour shift you may be cleaning, answering phones, checking-in families, and other activities,
- Participate in the Family Dinner Program. This is a great way for families, work places, churches, and groups of friends to get involved with Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Ozarks. Prepare and serve a meal for the families who are staying at Ronald McDonald House.
Ronald McDonald Care Mobile:
- Serve as a Dental Care Advocate. For those of you who love spending time with children, this is a great way to help the “Tooth Truck,” by helping them escort children, waiting with them before treatments, and ensuring that each child receives dental hygiene supplies.
OR… Volunteer to help at these annual special events:
- Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper – August
- Cup O’ Cheer Homes Tour – November
- Volunteer to stuff envelopes for the Annual Campaign mailings – August & September
- Taste of Adventure: Great Outdoors Auction & Benefit Banquet- March
- Rotary Rock’n Ribs BBQ Festival – April
- Sertoma GRIN IRON CLASSIC East vs. West High School
- All-Star Football Game – June
- Sertoma GRIN ACTION CLASSIC North-South-East-West High
- School All-Star Volleyball Game – June
- POP TAB Program – Collect pop tabs from aluminum cans to benefit the Ronald McDonald House Family Fund and the “Tooth Truck” Patient Needs Fund.
- Handyman Opportunities – Assist the Ronald House with small repairs.
- Donate newborn clothing and baby items for our new parents at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Supply medium size gift bags, small gifts and toiletry items for our parents’ and children’s “Welcome Bags”.
- Provide paper products & non-perishable food items for our families.
- Contribute children’s toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss for the Tooth Truck kids.
If you are unable to volunteer, check out some of the ways you can still help Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Ozarks…
- Donate: Feel free to donate online or send a donation by mail.
- Purchase an item from their wish list and drop it off at Ronald McDonald House. Click here for a Ronald McDonald House wish list, or here for The Tooth Truck wish list.
- Individuals interested in visiting the House to learn more about our volunteer program are encouraged to call and schedule a tour! For more information, please contact the Associate House Manager, Bailey Shaw, at 417.875.3501 or email@example.com.
- For more information about becoming a volunteer for The Tooth Truck, please contact our Program Director, Mindy Muñoz, at 417.875.3504 or firstname.lastname@example.org.