Summer is almost over, but you may not realize that Missouri’s premier sailing lake is only a short drive away. Stockton State Park near Stockton, MO offers locals a place to enjoy the great outdoors whether you are looking to swim, fish, camp, or have a picnic.
If you are looking for variety and a vacation close to home then Stockton State Park may be the place for you. Stockton Lake is known for its clear waters where many visitors water ski, scuba dive, swim, and fish. With a southwest breeze and a sailing school at the marina this is the perfect spot for hobbyists and novices alike to set sail.
Stockton State Park offers:
- Boat Ramps: Marina and at Hartley Cove, no launch fees or restrictions
- Rentals: pontoon, bass and fishing boats, waverunners, sailboats
- Camping: basic and electric
- Fishing: bass, crappie, walleye, catfish, bluegill
- Lodging: duplexes or log camper cabins
- Swimming: gravel beach complete with restrooms and change-house
- Restaurant: Park grill with burgers, pork tenderloin, salads, appetizers, and more
- Picnic Areas: tables and picnic shelters that can be reserved
- Walking & Biking trails: Nyblad Traila and Umber Ridge Trail
- Nature Programs: During summer months only
- Metal Detecting: find a hidden treasure, permit is required
- Here is a map of the park.
You will find many photographing wildlife, playing on the playgrounds, enjoying a picnic lunch, or setting up tents to spend a night under the stars. This is a perfect place to enjoy the Ozarks and have all of the amenities that some prefer including grills, picnic tables, shelters that include electricity and water, restrooms, and more.
Grab the family or a friend before summer is over and discover a beautiful part of the Ozarks at Stockton State Park.